As Dictators go Generalissimo Franco was well a favorite, not that I am a Fascist, have been a Fascist, or want to be a Fascist! As a matter of fact I am a Liberal Democrat a child of the 60´s, a grown up ex -hippiefyed kinda leaning to the left, never inhaled, won´t go to Vietnam even on vacation type. I also am a pragmatist that knows most of the crap in the 60´s was a way to meet girls, because they liked long hair on boys. Well my hair is gone and those girls are all grandmothers now.
Enough said, Head Coaches in Football are like Franco in a way, though they are not dead; some of them after a losing 4 straight may wish they were and most don´t speak a word of Spanish, except the occasional "No Problemo"...which is said to Boosters in regularity, even more so when losing games are a regularity!
A Poll was taken recently, by the think tank group in Washington, Whatsamatta U Council on progressive conservative Wolverine studies in the 21 century. It stated and I quote" the issue of dictatorial extremes in American Football by Head Coaches is a Divine God Given right, which is important to the structure and implementation of the Game as a whole and should be realized by the people most effected by it, especially smart- alack Coordinators, who should stay in their booths and speak only when they are spoken too". This Poll also indicated that 85% percent of Head Coaches belong to the Republican Party and voted for George W. Bush in both elections, and that the other 15 % of which 99% belonged to the Bull Moose party and had voted for Theodore Roosevelt as a write in, leaving the small percentage of Democrats who had been to Rehab or at least driven by one in the last two elections.
Which brings us to this conclusion. If you are 8 -2 except in specific parts of Texas, and are a Head Coach no one one can say anything to you at all, except your wife...because they are wrong, except your wife. If you are 8-2, except in all parts of California where you can't say anything you want because it will cause someone emotional distress,by hurting each or every individual crackpot from a gay born again Warlock to a serial killer on Death Rows feelings.Where you'll have to resign, or go to Rehab, even though you don´t drink, smoke or even take medicine and still be out of a job; except in specific parts of California, say" San Fransisco" where your wife may be a Head Coach at another school and be 9-1 and played on the same College team as your Center. Not that I have anything against Centers! Which beg´s me to ask the question, if it´s not San Andreas Fault, then who´s is it?
So why are Head Coaches Conservative and like Franco? These words will explain everything perfectly "Look at our Congress" Imagine that running a football team...as a matter of fact ,what about owners , Al(I have already written your letter of resignation) Davis, Jerry( money will solve everything)Jones and ex- Hollywood Movie stars...Bonzo who had 25% ownership in the Washington Redskins....oh! the other guy was a Conservative, but hey! He was from California too! That´s another bag of walnuts....oops! "Sorry to the Squirrels against profiling...I will go to Betty Ford that one".
In Conclusion...if Knute Rockne would have been president their would have been no Pearl Harbor or Dunkirk! The Giants would be playing in New York and the Jets would still be at Shea
Stadium and California would still be an agricultural state and the Republican Governor would not be channeling the thoughts of Woodrow Wilson, and the Oakland Raiders would be winning again.