Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Wife said, what do you find so interesting on those Damn Football web sites?


Just learning baby, She looked at me and said" I am going shopping! "

Let me introduce myself. My name is Roldan Leyba and I am, well at this moment the Offensive Coordinator for a 2nd Liga German Football club called the Hanau Hornets. This means its a liga below the Erste Liga which is the first Division, its like ...Not dating myself the old AFL pre-1969 New York Jets with out Coach Weeb, Willy-Joe, Sauer, Manard and Snell or any other Jet as a matter of fact. These two Divisions or Ligas as they are called here in the land , of you should know better you Auslander(means from another country) Germany. Are all part of this... The GFL pronounced...Are you ready for this, man its not easy,not that I have anything against these people! The GAY(the German way to say G) -F -L or The German Football league . Well welcome to my world!(Me getting the Parcell water treatment which makes sure ones underwear does not stick after a hot game)

Right know I am trying to make heads or tails of a season that started like a dream, 3 and 0 Pre-season. ( Now 3-9 regular season, thank God I am not the HC) Sugar Plum Dreams Coaches, you know what I am talking about. That elusive ring and those dreams of kick-ass first quarters that you can ride till the fourth without a headache and the need for a few adult beverages after the game.

Beer is my choice, I think its in the Bible where Abraham after a hard day of doing what Abraham did, coming home and sitting in his tent turning on the sports news and berating the Coach from his favorite losing team the Canaan Putzes came up with the idea of Beer and Football. " I need more than sheeps milk" he said and The God of Abe handed him a Bud and told him"Hey Abe I need that back theirs a return on it OK!"

Why do we coaches spend so much of our free time on the web? Simple , we don´t want to be left behind in the game and we need affirmationn to our small egos. Especially after 3 straight losses. Its like a holy book to me...Well not really, I like to see how I can make my Offense go by stealing, borrowing or pleading for that different look that special play, and that's what this Blog site is about.

Soon I will dispense my knowledge and it will be as clear as the bottom of an empty Miller Bottle, the truth is I drink German Beer, local brew called Pfungstadt or foomstat to us Americans. Its swell,especiallyy when you have 5 or 6 wake up in the morning and your liver and head do not ache, German beer is clean and their is a law called rheinheitsgebot which says it must be and we all know how Germans follow orders! Yeah I know 60 years blah blah, hey I live here! Also I am not up for a membership for AA so save the preaching guys, I am 51 and old enough to know.

Back to Football... I will place articles and I wish articles and wit andgeniuss so as I can place them here. All I ask is that they are about football or related to guy stuff, politics are OK but I am a left leaning radical child of the 60´s and you may not like my view point, but what I can do with a counter package is another thing or turn you on to smashing in Passing game. Yeah I know," Hey! Lombardi at 3-9 what do we have to learn from you?" Well after this year, how to lose with dignity or as I call it "run the other way when the press is walking around!""I can be helpful, please can I hang out with you?"

So Guys and Pals. Still a bit of a pig with Woman and the Game, my wife hates it and still does not come to many games and when she does we lose, so she is not really wanted by. Hell Lets face it she is a JINX! Their is a curse on this woman..Sorry, I love her but, ah forget it. Coaches send me your stuff, and I dont want buy stuff either...savay?

So lookin forward to this, also my German Buddies your welcome too and in German if you wish it... ok by me, I have a translator.

Winning comes with work, losing makes me feel sad all over.
Danke
Coach Roldan

1 Comments:

Blogger TheMAdCoach said...

Coaches Place your comments on the comment and I will post them if they are not what we deem as football or guy stuff then I will not.
Thanks Coach Roldan

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home